Who can apply?
If you’re a landowner, a business or a community group you can apply:
- Town and parish councils
- District, borough and city councils
- Community groups
- The Environment Agency
- Water supply and sewerage companies (Anglian Water, Affinity Water, Thames Water and Essex and Suffolk Water)
- Essex Highways
- Essex Fire and Rescue Service
- Voluntary organisations, charities and conservation Bodies
- Other interested organisations in Essex.
What supporting evidence can I include with my application?
To help us decide on your application, you must include some of the following supporting documents with your application form. They can include evidence of:
- the total number of properties at risk of flooding as well as the number of properties whose flood risk would be reduced as a result of the scheme
- any past investigation and/or mitigation efforts to the problem i.e. any flood investigations reports, options appraisal studies and detailed analysis of preferred options if available
- positive benefit cost ratio for the scheme
- the impact of flooding episodes on the local community and the local economy including where appropriate pictorial evidence
- the project start date which should be within the current financial year
- adequate resources for the delivery of the scheme including funding, expertise and legal authority
- the provision of sufficient post-construction maintenance regime for the scheme (including scheme adoption)
- past funding applications and where appropriate evidence of any funding commitments made by other contributing parties if available
- the time frame for the delivery of the scheme
How do I apply?
To make an application:
- Complete the Community Flood Scheme Grant application form
- Attach your supporting evidence and
- Submit your application
What happens after I apply?
- Your application will be reviewed by our Flood team. If they need more information, they will contact you to make a request.
- The flood team will pass your application on to the Flood Programme Commissioning Officers Group after their first review.
- The Flood Programme Commissioning Officers Group will decide whether you qualify for the grant.
- Your application will then be signed off by the Cabinet Member for Customer Operations, Libraries, Planning and Environment and Essex County Council Legal Services.