Enter the prize draw for a chance to win a mini-explorer packs
To enter simply:
1) Take a photo of yourself on the wetland trail, your favourite spot on the trail, or your artwork in the activity booklet.
2) Tag your image with #WetlandWonder or @Exploressex on your favourite social media channel
3) Email your image to: Floods@essex.gov.uk
Read the full terms and conditions below.
Three lucky winners will receive a mini-beast explorer pack including all the kit needed to find and identify bugs
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is organised by The Essex Floods Team, part of Essex County Council (ECC), County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1QH.
2. By entering the prize draw, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Prize draw entry is free and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. The winner will be selected at random after the closing date of 23.59 BST 11 March 2024.
5. ECC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. Entrants must be UK residents aged 16 years and over, however submission to the competition may be completed on behalf of the entrant by a parent and/or legal guardian as specified.
7. Competitions are not open to Explore Essex or Essex Outdoors employees, or to any immediate family of those employees.
8. In entering the competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. ECC may require proof of eligibility.
9. Prize draw entries that are not submitted in accordance with:
- these terms and conditions; and
- the advertised competition entry procedure
will be automatically disqualified.
10. ECC will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk; or
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
11. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per entrant.
12. ECC reserves all rights to disqualify any competition entry where:
(a) the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition;
(b) the entrant uses false information; or
(c) it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
13. No cash alternative is available. Essex Floods Team reserves the right to substitute the advertised prize for another of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
14. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
15. Winners will be notified of their win via email by a member of Essex Floods Team.
16. Winners must claim the prize by providing a mailing address within 7 working days of the date of the notification message.
17. If a prize is not claimed within 7 days, the winner will be disqualified, and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the correct entries that were received.
18. Essex Floods Team reserves the right to re-draw the prize if the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days or the notification email is returned as undeliverable.
19. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on winner’s behalf.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, ECC, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of ECC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
21. ECC will only process your personal information as set out at https://www.essex.gov.uk/privacy-notices/Pages/Default.aspx.
22. In the event that you win this competition and accept the prize, you agree to:
(a) grant ECC the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and
(b) the use of any photographs or video footage to be featured on ECC’s web pages or social media sites.
23. Entrants will only be contacted regarding the specific competition they have entered.
24. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Essex Floods Team may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
25. Essex Floods Team reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
26. The Promoter claims rights to the photograph
27. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the final decision of ECC shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
28. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.