The types of requests we will process
You can purchase information held on flood and water management in Essex. We will respond to two types of requests, basic and detailed.
When you make a basic request, we will provide you with all historic flood incidents relating to your site along with any known watercourse issues in the area.
We will also confirm whether your site falls within a Critical Drainage Area (CDA) and if we have carried out any flood investigations within a 5 mile radius.
- Sites at risk of flooding and shown on the Essex County Council flood map
- Surface Water Management Plans (SWMP) for different areas located on the map
- Critical Drainage Areas in Essex
- Records of historic flood incidents
- Information about property flood incidents
- Highway flood incidents we have recorded
- Flood investigations we have conducted
- The types of assets on our asset register
- The types of watercourses in Essex
- Designated assets
When you make a detailed request, we will provide you with the above information along with any engineer or judgement or commentary on that particular request plus:
- Information about timing
- Results of reported incidents
- Information on rainfall patterns and flooding events. For example, date, time, intensity and location
How to make an information request
To make a request:
- Fill in our information request form
- We will send you an email with a unique reference you can use to track your request
- We will reply to your information request within 28 days. If you haven’t heard anything back from us within this period, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org