The Flood and Water Management Act 2010 states that Essex County Council has to put in place a local flood risk management strategy.
This strategy sets out our aims and actions to reduce the impact of local flooding to your community. ‘Local’ flooding in Essex means the risk of water from man-made drainage systems, small watercourses and rainfall off the land.
Flooding can be a complicated problem, often involving many different people and organisations. Despite the challenges, we are positive and clear about how we are managing the issue and want to share with you how we are making things better.
We have focused on sharing real stories from around the County showing exactly how our work happens and how easy it can be for you to help us make a difference.
- Essex Local Flood Risk Management Strategy (LFRMS)
- Appendix A – Flood Risk Management Authorities and their Functions
- Appendix B – Useful links and documents
- Appendix C - Habitat Regulation Assessment (HRA)
- Appendix D – Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
Published October 2018