Skip to main content

Report a flood

Depending on the source of the flood water, flooding needs to be reported to different agencies. 

Report flooding from the road into a property

In the event of rainfall, highway drains and gullies can overflow. If your property has been flooded due to water coming from a road or highway, please report it to Essex Highways.

Report other flood incidences on your property

If the ground and surrounding ditches are saturated and at full capacity, excess surface water flooding may flood private property. If your property has been flooded due to surface water, report it to the floods team.

Protect your home from flooding

Regardless of the source of flooding, if you have been flooded and/or live in a Critical Drainage Area, you are eligible to apply for a Property Flood Resilience (PFR) grant to protect your property against flooding. Click here to apply for a grant.

Was this page useful?

Give feedback about this page (opens in a new window)